Response to Molly

Dear John,

I'm not sure when you will read this letter, but I hope you are safe... I heard through the grapevine that there was recently a big protest in Boston. Someone even said that the colonists dressed up like the Indians you speak of. Were you there that day? Is this what they, the Indians - your friends, apparently - are teaching you? How to cut all cooperative ties with England and incite violence and war? How to surely get yourself killed? We all know the colonies will never survive without the support of the King.

If you want me to come across the sea, this isn't the kind of news I want to receive. I'm not so sure I understand the kind of person you're becoming over there. You left here a gentleman, but I'm nervous you're becoming a savage.

Be careful.

Love,
Your mother

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sister

Week 10

Week 5 Response